- You must have mysql,php and apache installed in your machine.
- Create a database in mysql for joomla
- Download joomla.
- Unzip the file
$ mkdir joomla $ mv Joomla-x.x.zip joomla $ cd joomla $ unzip Joomla-x.x.zip
- Find out the root directory of your Apache. The value will be present in httpd.conf
- Copy the joomla directory to the Document Root directory
$ sudo cp -r joomla /usr/local/apache2/htdocs
- Now start apache
$ sudo apachectl start
- Enter in your browser the following address “http://localhost/joomla”
- If everything is fine, you will see a guided menu to install joomla in your machine.
- Enter the database name, username and password for the database created.
In some cases, you may not be able to create a configuration.php file, then follow the following procedure
$ sudo vim joomla/configuration.php
Simply add the configuration details which you obtain in the last step of joomla installation. After removing the installation directory, you will be able to access joomla
sudo rm -rf joomla/installation
Enter “http://localhost/joomla” in your browser. And you can see that the joomla setup is ready